Breast Implants – Los Angeles, CA
Breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic plastic surgery procedure in the United States with over 286,000 breast augmentations performed in 2012, according to the yearly plastic surgery statistics reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Saline Breast Implants
- Exterior sac is made of solid silicone, but it is filled with sterile saline solution.
- Better safety profile since leaking saline is harmless when absorbed by the body.
- Saline breast implants also have a very low infection rate.
- Can be inserted into the breast through a very small incision and their final size can be adjusted by differential filling of saline.
Silicone Breast Implants
- Are pre-filled with a silicone gel.
- More than 1.5 million American women currently have Silicone Breast Implants.
- Silicone implants feel more like a “natural” breast than saline implants.
- In 2007 the results of several national clinical studies showed no adverse effects of Silicone, and thus Silicone implants were approved for use in practically all women.
Why Patients Choose Dr. Younai for Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants in Beverly Hills
Dr. Younai is one of the most experienced and well trained plastic surgeons in the Los Angeles area. He helps you thoroughly explore implant size, and gives you as much time as you need to “try on” different sizes of implants so you are thoroughly informed before making your decision. You should not only consider breast size, but also what size is proportional with your frame and your height. During your consultation, Dr. Younai will try to answer all of your questions and will review your individualized breast augmentation plan, including pros and cons of each technique, potential risks and complications, recovery course, pre and post operative instructions, and aesthetic outcomes. Choose an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon that makes your dreams a reality:
- Results that speak for themselves- view our Photo Gallery to see the amazing results you can achieve with breast augmentation by Dr. Younai.
- Years of experience and training of the highest quality gives Dr. Younai an ability and perspective unmatched in the field of plastic surgery.
- Individualized, highly specific consultation and post operative plan means you get the treatment and care needed to achieve your desired results with optimal recovery and minimal risk.
After months of research and going to consultations with plastic surgeons all over Southern California, I finally met a surgeon who actually listened to what I wanted, rather than telling me about what most women want. Dr. Younai understood that I was the one who was uncomfortable in my own skin, and he spent so much time during our consultation showing me all of the different implant sizes and how they would look on me after the procedure. I knew halfway through our consultation that this was the plastic surgeon I wanted working on my body. Someone who has my interests at heart and not his own. His staff was so nice and helped me set up everything, from preparing for the surgery to the after care plan. Avoid the run around that these other doctors give you. Go in and speak with Dr. Younai and you will see what a genuine caring plastic surgeon can do for you!
- Lindsey K. / Los Angeles, CA
As a mommy for over 20 years, the rigors of pregnancy and breast-feeding 3 beautiful children has taken a toll on my body. When I finally decided on doing some work on myself to regain the figure I once I had, I realized I would need professional help. From the very first time I met with Dr. Younai I was completely at ease with him. I loved his calm demeanor and ability to listen and respond to what I wanted from this process. I decided I wanted to do a full mommy makeover with breast implants and a tummy tuck at the same time. The results were even better than I had been dreaming about. My breasts are fuller, lifted and positioned perfectly. They look so natural, which was the most important aspect for me. I no longer have this flabby loose belly, and now I can even fit into my teenage daughters clothing! My only regret is not doing this sooner because my self-esteem and confidence improved so much! My husband appreciates all of your great work too Dr. Younai! Thanks!
- Sarah O. / Mommy Makeover: Breast Augmentation + Tummy Tuck Beverly Hills, CA
From the desk of Dr. Younai,
“As an experienced, board-certified Los Angeles breast augmentation plastic surgeon who practices in the greater Los Angeles area and near Beverly Hills, I often get asked if I would recommend silicone breast implants to my wife. Frankly, many national studies have established the safety of silicone breast implants and have found no link to the development of autoimmune disease, cancer, etc… Nevertheless, there are still unanswered questions about the long-term results (per FDA). It can be very beneficial for those who choose to have silicone implants enroll in the 10-year, post-approval study so that more light can be shed on the long-term effects of these medical devices.
While reviewing our Web site, I urge you to read about the cost of breast augmentation as well as view many before and after pictures of women who have had saline or silicone breast implants so you can see the type of results you can achieve with breast implants.”
- Dr. Sean Younai
Who gets Breast Implant Revision Surgery?
Breast implant revision surgery can improve and/or correct complications related to a previous breast operation. Patients may be in need of a revision surgery if they are experiencing any of the following conditions or complications:
- A desire to increase or decrease their existing implant size
- Complications or adverse outcomes with the results of the first surgical procedure
- Implant leakage or rupture, resulting in deformities of the breast appearance
According to the FDA, who has approved the use of silicone and saline breast implants for breast augmentation, complications and adverse outcomes can occur in at least 1 percent of breast implant patients at any time. You may need non-surgical treatments or additional surgeries to treat any of the following potential complications:
- Capsular Contracture: formation of a hard and painful scar tissue around implant occurs rarely. Besides having to remove this tight capsule (capsulectomy), breast implants should be changed from a smooth to textured surface, in order to reduce the recurrence rate of capsular contracture.
- Breast Implant rippling: All breast implants are palpable to a certain degree. In extreme cases a woman can feel or even observe ripples in their breast implants. This is more common in textured and saline implants, and to a lesser degree in silicone breast implants. To remedy this problem plastic surgeons usually recommend exchanging saline implants to silicone; and also to move the implant from a sub-glandular location to a sub-muscular position.
- Changing breast shape and projection: women can increase the degree of their cleavage by going bigger! Larger breasts implants have a wider diameter, thus creating more cleavage. They also fill the upper pole of the breast better for those who are fairly flat on the top. High Profile Implants can change the look of the breasts from a more subtle to a perkier look.
- Changing breast implant feel: Saline and silicone breast implants feel different. While saline breast implants feel slightly firmer, silicone breast implants feel softer. On the other hand silicone implants are heavier and hang more than saline breast implants.
- Breast Sagging: breasts sag after childbirth, breast feeding, and with age or with weight loss. Those who choose a breast lift, or mastopexy, often decide to exchange their breast implants for a newer model, or different shape or size.
“Breast Augmentation Improves Self-Esteem and Quality of Life”
98% of women undergoing breast augmentation surgery say the results met or exceeded their expectations, according to a prospective outcome study published in the May 2013 issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Women also report improvements in self-esteem and quality of life after breast augmentation.
- Patients reported the average time off work was about 7 days
- Patients reported an average pain score during recovery of 5.9/10
- 98% of patients reported that the results met or exceeded their expectations.
- 85% of patients rated their new breast size “just right.”
- 92% of patients reported improved self-esteem after breast augmentation
- 65% of patients reported improved quality of life
The Best Post-Op Care for a Speedy Recovery
Dr. Younai is as concerned about your post operative care as he is about the procedure itself. He strongly feels that the entire process must be done correctly to ensure optimal results. This is why Dr. Younai makes himself and his staff available to you throughout your recovery period for follow-up care. His vast experience gives him a unique perspective on the recovery period as he has seen it all during his time as a plastic surgeon serving Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. He can provide you with unique tips and strategies to help you achieve a speedy recovery following your breast augmentation procedure. If you cannot make it to the office, Dr. Younai is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have by phone or email.
Like so many of my girl friends that I talk to, I was nervous yet excited about getting my boobs done. I had thought about it for years, researched like crazy, and finally found a plastic surgeon I was comfortable with. I was soo happy with my results, they were even better than I had been dreaming about. The recovery was not as bad as everyone made me think it would be. I only missed 5 days of work, and I honestly felt like a whole new me within the first week. I went on a Victoria Secret shopping spree because I finally feel like a WOMAN! I can’t thank Dr. Younai enough for changing my life.
- Natasha R. / Breast Augmentation with 400cc Silicone Implants Santa Monica, CA