Beverly Hills Breast Augmentation
In Beverly Hills, breast augmentation has become, if not the most popular, at least one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the city. In fact, the popularity of breast implant surgery has moved beyond Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Southern California, to the rest of the United States. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), in 2003 nearly 255,000 women in the United States underwent breast augmentation; nearly twice the number performed in 1998.
In this educational article about breast augmentation, as well as in other breast related articles provided on our website, board certified plastic surgeon and renowned Beverly Hills breast augmentation specialist Dr. Sean Younai reviews some of the pertinent topics about breast augmentation (or enlargement), saline and silicone breast implant placement or exchange, breast lift or "mastopexy," breast reduction surgery, and the treatments for complications of breast augmentation or "augmentation mammoplasty."
Why do women seek breast augmentation?
- Some women never developed normal shaped, or normal sized, breasts as the rest of their body matured. Frustrated with the lack of results from breast enlargement firming creams, pills, exercises, or machines, these women turn to breast augmentation surgery to achieve the proportional figure that they had always desired.
- Other women were unfortunately born with abnormal or asymmetrical breast deformities such as Poland's Syndrome, which results from the failure of breast gland and pectoral chest muscles to development on one side. Similarly, others were afflicted with tubular or tuberous breast deformity which causes the constriction and narrowing of the base of the breast along with the enlargement of the areola. Breast implants and breast augmentation surgery has been able to give these women normal-looking and beautiful breasts.
- Many women have lost breast volume, fullness, and shape with pregnancy, breastfeeding and nursing. While happy with being blessed with childbirth, these women feel that in return they have lost their youthful appearing breasts. These fashion-conscious women of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and Hollywood have sought breast augmentation as a means of regaining their proportional figure, so once again they can fit into form-fitting tops, bras, and other clothes.
- Obesity afflicts 65 percent of all adults in the United States, according to the National Institute of Health (NIH). Bariatric or Gastric Bypass surgery has become a very popular treatment for morbid obesity. After such massive weight loss surgery, women lose significant breast volume and are left with empty and sagging breasts. Breast augmentation along with breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, has been the answer for those women who seek to regain a normal figure and breasts after massive weight loss.
- Breast Augmentation with breast implants has been a viable and safe option for breast reconstruction, which is done on many women who have lost their breasts to breast cancer. Breast Reconstruction with breast implants utilizes breast implant expanders to first enlarge the breast skin envelope before the final saline or silicone breast implant is placed.
If you have a desire to undergo breast augmentation or "augmentation mammoplasty," contact our Southern California- Los Angeles office today for a complimentary consultation. We are located minutes away from Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Westwood, North Hollywood, Pasadena, and Glendale; and in proximity to Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, and Calabasas.
What information should you consider before proceeding with breast augmentation?
During your consultation at the California Center for Plastic Surgery, Dr. Younai will review your options for different types, shapes, textures, and sizes of saline or silicone breast implants, as well as, different approaches for breast enlargement.
Breast implants can be inserted via an armpit incision (transaxillary), areolar/nipple incision (periareolar), breast fold incision (inframammary), or belly button incision (transumbilical). While an armpit or transaxillary incision scar might not be very noticeable, it usually results in the breasts being too far apart, causing lack of a strong cleavage. It also carries a higher risk for implant displacement and breast asymmetry.
An inframammary or periareolar approach can usually produce the nicest cleavage and the most precise placement of breast implants.
While the transumbilical approach is marketed by some plastic surgeons as "scarless breast augmentation," indeed it is not so! I have personally consulted women who were not pleased with the belly button scar; especially since they were no longer able to wear cut-off tops. The transumbilical route of breast implant insertion also carries an increased surgical risk of possible damage to internal organs if the inserting metal rod is misguided.
Schedule a complimentary consultation
To find the latest scientific data about breast augmentation, treatment options, pros and cons of saline and silicone implants, potential surgical risks and complications, pre- and post-operative instructions, and aesthetic outcomes, you can set up a complimentary consultation with Dr. Younai. His Encino plastic surgery practice is easily accessible from Los Angeles and all surrounding cities such as West Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Westwood, North Hollywood, Pasadena, and Glendale.
Make sure that you also view many before-and-after breast augmentation photos, pictures, and high resolution images available on our plastic surgery photo gallery. This will give you a realistic view of what breast augmentation can do for you.
The purpose of your consultation with Dr. Younai should go beyond what is readily available about breast augmentation on popular reality TV shows, such as "Dr. 90210," "The Swan," "Extreme Makeover," "Nip/Tuck," and what is also shown on MTV. It should be a serious conversation about your treatment options for breast augmentation; possible need for breast lift surgery or mastopexy, correction of breast asymmetry, and other issues about your breasts, breast implants, and what is realistically possible. While God doesn't create perfect breasts, neither can any Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. Therefore, keep your expectations realistic.
If you had previously undergone breast augmentation and have developed complications such as capsular contracture or the hardening of the implants, ptosis or sagging, implant deflation or rupture, implant displacement, and silicone gel leakage, or just want to change the size, shape, or type of your implants, Dr. Younai can provide you with expert advise during your complimentary consultation.
You don't have to go to Beverly Hills to get honest answers to your question or concerns. At the California Center for Plastic Surgery, you will not only receive the latest expertise about breast augmentation surgery, but also will have a state-of-the-art surgery facility available to provide the safest and most comfortable surgery experience.
The California Center for Plastic Surgery is located in the Los Angeles suburbs near Beverly Hills, in the city of Encino. This surgery center is easily accessible from all Southern California counties including, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Bernardino, Orange, and Riverside.
If you are considering coming to Beverly Hills for breast augmentation or breast enlargement (breast enhancement) surgery, contact Beverly Hills cosmetic surgery specialist, Dr. Younai's office today to schedule a complimentary consultation appointment.