The plastic surgeon will provide very specific instructions prior to buttock augmentation so you will have an optimal and safe experience. These includes what medications to avoid to prevent excessive bleeding and bruising, required medical exams, what to eat and drink prior to buttock augmentation, and the prescription of an anti-nausea pill to take on the morning of the surgery. In all cases, you will be asked to have a reliable friend or family member take you home after the surgery, as you will not be allowed to drive.
Also, take care of all your chores and to do things before your surgery so you don’t have to worry about taking care of things early during your recuperation. This means if you usually clean the house do it in advance of our surgery. Also have your hair cut and colored, wax your legs, pay your bills, and take your dog to the vet ahead of your surgery.
If you are going to have buttock fat grafting or implants you are not allowed to sit on your buttocks for more than a few minutes at a time during, the first week.
This means no driving during this period. From the third to six weeks after surgery, you can only sit on soft pillows and cushions. Make sure that you have enough pillows and cushions to help you during this period.
Because the incision is located in the buttock crease, it needs to be meticulously cleaned in the shower at least once daily and every time after bowel movement, during the first two weeks. Therefore, make preparations for this.
1.If you are older than 45 years, or have heart disease, we require a pre-operative EKG, which would either be done by your internist, cardiologist, or at our facility. Heart disease and all other medical illnesses need to be monitored first by an internist or specialist.
2. If you are anemic, or have a low blood count, please notify our office well in advance of surgery so that we can start you on Iron supplement. You cannot have surgery if you are anemic.
3. Pre-operative laboratory blood and urine tests are done usually within 10 days of your surgery date. If you do have health insurance this might be covered, otherwise, the laboratory will charge you.
4. If you have specific medical illnesses, allergies, or physical handicaps, please notify our staff during your pre-operative visit.
5. Please refrain from taking any Aspirin, Aleve, Advil, Motrin or other NSAID for ten days before your surgery. These drugs can increase the incidence of bleeding and bruising.
6. Do not drink or eat after midnight, the night before your surgery. This means no coffee or breakfast in the morning of your surgery. You should take all your medications with a little water.
7. Please remove and leave behind all jewelry, watches, and body rings before you come in for your surgery. Please do not wear any makeup or perfume.
8. Please wear comfortable and loose clothing the day of surgery. It would be helpful if you wear front open tops and loose sweat pants.
9. We ask you to check the fit of your compression garment in advance and to bring it with you to surgery.
10. Before leaving home for your surgery, take one “nausea pill”- COMPAZINE – with a little water.
11. Set up your bed in an area that is easily accessible and that you don’t have to climb multiple stairs. Have bunch of pillows or cushions available so that you can place them behind your back and under your knees after the surgery.
12. You must make arrangements for a responsible adult friend or family member to take you home after surgery. You are not allowed to drive yourself home or take a taxi. After surgery, this caregiver is required to stay with you and to monitor and assist you for at least 10-15 days after a buttock augmentation. If you don’t have such a person, or live far away, or are having extensive or multiple procedures please let us know in advance so that we can help you make arrangements for a stay at an after-care facility or hospital.
13. For those who travel from out of town for a buttock augmentation, or other cosmetic surgery procedures we require that they be accompanied by a mature and capable adult that can drive and help them with their daily recovery chores. Furthermore, they should arrange to stay in a local hotel or after-care facility for enough time so that they can be monitored by the doctor and his assistants. Depending on the extent of your planned surgery, we will recommend a range of days from 14-21 days that you should stay in town, before returning home. If you must travel alone, please let us know in advance, so that we can help you acquire nursing assistance. You are also responsible for your own transportation and personal-care expenses. Most importantly, please plan in advance and communicate with our office your travel and stay plans, so that we can help coordinate a smooth plastic surgery recovery for you.
Dr. Younai is a Board Certified Plastic, Cosmetic, & Reconstructive Surgeon of Beverly Hills and Los Angeles who is experienced in the body contouring including Buttock Augmentation with fat injection or implants, as well as buttock, thigh, and body lift.
During your consultation Dr. Younai will review your treatment options for Buttock Contouring, Augmentation, and Enlargement. He will discuss if you are a good candidate, surgical options and techniques, potential risks and complications of surgery, pre- and post-operative instructions, and recovery course, as well as what to expect after surgery. At that time, Dr. Younai will also show you before-and-after pictures of other patients who might be similar to you and have had Buttock Augmentation and/or Brazilian Butt Lift.
Our center also includes the Regency Surgery Center which is a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery facility certified by Medicare and accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc., (AAAASF).
Thank you for taking the time to visit our Web site. Our staff is always available to help answer your questions regarding any plastic surgery procedures and financing options, as well as with your travel to our center. Plastic surgery has truly become a way to better ourselves. It allows us to take control of our lives, and to give ourselves the body and look we always wanted, and truly deserve. Why not! We deserve the best.