Nose Surgery Preparation Los Angeles
RHINOPLASTY/ SEPTOPLASTY/ TURBINECTOMY/ REPAIR OF NASAL FRACTURE
- Approximately one to two weeks before your surgery you will undergo a general pre-operative evaluation at our office, at which time you will also undergo blood testing and EKG if necessary.
- At that time you need to review with our staff all your medical conditions even though they might not appear to be of importance to you. The review of your eye and vision health is also crucial. We would like to know if you had previously undergone any nasal surgery, do you take any nasal sprays or allergy medications, and if you suffer from nasal airway obstruction, snoring, or apnea.
- After reviewing the procedure and answering your questions we will give you written instructions of the medications, vitamins, or herbs to avoid for at least two weeks prior and after your surgery. These include over the counter medications or vitamins which might thin your blood and cause you to bleed excessively during and after surgery.
- If you smoke we encourage you to reduce your smoking for one week before and after surgery because this can hamper your healing process.
- You will be provided with prescriptions for pain medications, antibiotics, and nausea medications. Please have these ready in advance.
- Get your house in order so that after surgery you wouldn’t be bothered with doing demanding house chores.
- Have bags of frozen peas or cold compresses ready in your freezer for use after surgery.
- Have your bed area prepared with many pillows or cushions to be used for propping you up. Elevation of the head after surgery reduces swelling and pain.
- Arrange for adequate support for the care of your children and pets for at least the first two to three days after surgery.
- You would not be able to wear heavy glasses that put pressure over your nose.
- Have someone reliable, preferably a family member or close friend bring you to surgery and from surgery. This person should be available to stay and assist you the night after surgery. If you don’t have such a person, please let us know in advance so that we can recommend several available after-care facilities or caretakers to you.
- Have loose and comfortable clothes and shoes available to wear the day of surgery. Especially, bring front open shirts so that you don’t have to pull them over your head when getting dressed after surgery.
- You cannot drink or eat anything except your medications for eight hours prior to surgery.
- Don’t drink any alcohol for one week prior and after your surgery.
- Do not wear any makeup, facial lotions, or perfume the day of surgery. Shower and shampoo the morning of surgery, remove all eyelid and eyebrow cosmetics, and don’t apply any hair gel or grease.
- Bring all your medications with you to surgery.
- Don’t wear jewelry, necklaces, tongue rings, body piercing, wristwatches, hairpieces, false eyelashes, or contact lenses to surgery.
- If you are to undergo septoplasty, turbinectomy, or sinus surgery, please have your post-op nasal rinsing setup prepared in advance. The setup instructions are provided in the post-op instruction section.
Dr. Younai is a Board Certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon with experience in all aspects of Facial Cosmetic Surgery including that of the Nose, Sinuses, Eyes, Ears, Chin, Cheek, etc. He is skilled and experienced in all techniques of Rhinoplasty and Sinus Surgery, and strives to create the nose that is natural looking and harmonious with the rest of your face. During your consultation he will discuss all details including: if you are a good candidate, surgical options and techniques, potential risks and complications of surgery, pre- and post-operative instructions, recovery course, as well as what to expect after surgery. At that time Dr. Younai will also show you before-and-after pictures of other patients with Rhinoplasty and Facial Cosmetic Surgery, who might be similar to you.
VIEW REAL PATIENT
BEFORE & AFTER